Sunday, February 6, 2011

Complete Salvation?

We discussed Heb 7:23-28 today, and a big part of the conversation was on v. 25 - "Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them." [NIV 2010 edn.] "Completely" has a sense of "forever" (translated thus in the NASB) but also of thoroughly or fully. So why then do we still sin? It is clear from 1 John that those in the community of faith still mess up (1:8, 10), just as it's adequately clear that we also have a remedy (1:9).

I hope there are people out there willing to enter the conversation - maybe you've got an insight here that can help us understand how to better mimic our Savior? Please share it!

On a completely different topic, I've been asked for the link to my tech blog. I'm embarrassed to acknowledge how long it's been since I've posted, but I do have some cool things to share and will update and add those as I have an opportunity. Feel free to check out  http://techroadshow.blogspot.com/, and if you've got some great tech ideas to share, please do so in your comments there!

blessings,
w

No comments:

Post a Comment